Scroll down....

Please scroll down for lots of useful information. There are links to industry and environmental journals, relevant dates in the environmental and renewable energy calendar, current debates, a solar PV Feed-in Tariff calculator, green products websites, campaign groups and more. Some of this might be a bit outdated given time considerations and the fact that I don't get paid for doing this, but I do try and keep it as fresh and new as I can so it's still worth checking out.

Friday, 19 October 2012

Possible fracking site in Keynsham, Bristol



My usual hostility to shale-gas extraction ("fracking") has intensified of late mainly because now I have the possibility of a fracking project beginning just a couple of fields away from where I live, i.e. close to the Keynsham Roundabout on the Bath Road just outside Bristol. Anyone living in this area or who wants to know more should have a look at this link: http://www.frackfreesomerset.org/what-you-can-do/keynsham-action-alert/

What more you can do:
1. Click here to sign the petition.
2. Write a letter to Bath & North East Somerset Council and Keynsham Town Council, find addresses & templates here.
3. Get involved with a local group that is taking more grassroots action – particularly Transition Keynsham & Saltford Environment Group. Find your local group & contact details here. 

Meanwhile I've sorted out a rough home-made poster on my computer which I will be trying to distribute up and down my local area as best I can.

Here's to a successful attempt to try and stop it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Energy & Environment Dates 2012